Monday, August 2, 2010

Movie Review - Charlie St. Cloud

One, why did I see this movie? Peer pressure .. and Zac Efron's blue eyes. Two, why did I continue watching this movie? .. Zac Efron's blue eyes. Three, what did I think? WELL. Just so you know, this will contain spoilers because I refuse to hold back. Pretty much the movie begins as you would expect, the cute younger brother is cute and you don't want him to die because that would be just so sad, wouldn't it? Well, since you obviously saw the trailer on your TV 45345 times a day, you know that he does indeed die (from a drunk driver). Zac (I forget his characters name... oh wait, Charlie St. Cloud) goes and sacrifices his future at Stanford *sigh* because he misses his brother and can't leave him. Aw, how cute. Five years after the accident, he oddly can see/talk with dead people. Unlike the Sixth Sense kid, he doesnt seem as perturbed. He plays catch every single day with his dead brother. Cause that makes sense.
Cute! He's playing catch with a dead kid!
Anyway, why do I bring up The Sixth Sense? Turns out, that girl in the trailer? Yeah, she's actually an apparition [like Bruce Willis]. She's dying because her boat crashed. She had been missing for three days. However, Zac doesn't know this and thinks shes real and has sex with her in a graveyard. Is Charlie St. Cloud a necrophiliac? Naw, she was only HALF dead! Zac discovers he'd been banging a half-dead ghost girl when he finds out her boat got wrecked. He's like "oh, better go find the real her before she actually dies". Dang, that Charlie kid had some serious problems. So, he finds her blah blah, magically she survives despite being unconscious and without food or water for three days.. Hey! I believe it! And, in the end, she half remembers their time in the graveyard, etc. and they fall in love. Charlie learns to let his brother go because "they'll always be brothers come hell or high water" *tear*. If I didn't mention, Zac cries in almost every scene.
Moral of the story - don't drive drunk. None of that stuff would've happened if that dang kid didn't die.
She's half-dead here.
Post sex in the graveyard.

As you can imagine, throughout the movie I mouthed "what the f" quite frequently. I am even more confused with this movie than I was with Inception. However, the song at the end credits was decent! I enjoyed that!

I hope you all learned something from this experience.

1 comment: